This course is aimed at learners who are beginners or elementary in Portuguese (CEFR_A1, ACTFL_Novice), and are willing to improve and/or practice the language in everyday situations. The course introduces and/or reviews important structures and vocabulary and strongly promotes interaction.
Students are given short language tasks to perform outdoors in the neighborhood, during and after class. There are between 2 and 6 students in a class, 3 on average. Some variation in the language level of class members is expected. Should you like to study a few more hours, you can get some extra private classes. Course extension can also be arranged, contact us for more information if so desired.
The courses start monthly on specific dates and last two weeks (30 hours, 3 hours a day). Attractive prices. In case only 1 or 2 students enroll, course hours decrease from 30 to 24 in two weeks.
2017 Starting Dates
- January 30
- February 13
- March 6
- April 17
- May 8
- June 19
- July 10
- August 14
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
Click here for prices.
Aimed at organizations or closed groups of students, the language focus and course duration is planned according to what is demanded. We will design a course – including complementary activities and services – that responds to the client’s needs.
Possible components of this program are:
- Portuguese classes.
- Contemporary Brazil: a course that may include history, economy, dance, music, society and/or others. The instructor has got a master's degree in one of the areas mentioned above. The program also includes practical parts, such as participation in samba classes and a visit to a “roda de samba”. The course may be lectured in English or Portuguese.
- Field trips to spots of natural and cultural interests, such as:
- The district of Santo Antonio de Lisboa;
- The Public Market and its surroundings (downtown Floripa);
- Costa da Lagoa;
- A University: the attendance of a single class may be organized;
- A visit to an Oyster Farm;
- Hikings: the many beautiful trails on the island invite visitors to enjoy nature;
- And many others.
- Pick up and accommodation services.
Prices: a course proposal is submitted as the course is designed. Contact us for more information.