In order to enroll, first read the Terms and Conditions, then fill in the Registration Form below.
Registration will be considered valid when you receive a written confirmation (email) from The Language Club.
We recommend that you enroll at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the course.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Portuguese as a Foreign Language Courses
The Language Club – Florianópolis – Brazil
The student must
- Fill in the Registration Form Online
- Provide proof of payment. Registration will be considered valid when the conditions above are met.
The student will be then sent a confirmation message.
The Language Club reserves the right of not making any kind of refund if the student misses classes or decides to drop the course or cancel his/her stay in Brazil.
The direction of The Language Club may examine extreme cases, such as repatriation for health reasons, or certified illness only. In these cases, the lessons left may be postponed for a second stay or refunded.
The Course Schedule should be set in the first week of classes. For re-scheduling the student will be charged a US$ 50.00 (fifty-dollar) fee.
- Up to 30 days before the beginning of the course: 70% of total amount will be refunded.
- From 29 days up to the beginning of the course: 50% of total amount will be refunded.
- There will be no refunds.
- For courses with more than 60 hours, the school director may examine the possibility of refunding the credits, if the student requests it through a written document.
- The enrolment is personal and no credit transfer will be allowed to another student.
All the cancellation requests must be written and be sent to the direction of The Language Club
Should a student show an abnormal behavior or bad intentions against the school, teachers, students, or Brazilian laws, The Language Club reserves the right to exclude him/her from the school at any time.
Students are advised to take out medical and personal insurance before leaving their home country. The Language Club declines all responsibility for thefts, damages or losses.
The Language Club may take photographs of students in order to illustrate its brochure. Should the participant disagree he/she must precisselly indicate this in writing on the registration form.
The Language Club will be closed on the following public holidays:
- New Year´s January 1st
- Carnival: date varies
- Ash Wednesday: date varies
- Anniversary of the City of Florianópolis: March 23rd
- Holy Friday: date varies
- Easter: date varies
- Tiradentes: Abril 21st
- Labor Day: May 1st
- Corpus Christi: June 7th
- Brazil's Independence Day: September 7th
- Nossa Senhora de Aparecida: October 12th
- Finados (Day of the Dead): November 2nd
- Republic Proclamation: November 15th
- Christmas: December 25th
- The courses may be individual or in groups; prices will vary accordingly.
- Group courses – In the event that there is only one student enrolled in a group course, classes will be reduced to 12 hours.
- The courses are organized in Modules of 15 hours.
- One-hour lesson lasts 60 minutes.
- Course fee includes: tuition, student advising service and certificates.
The Language Club can arrange accommodation (hotels, hostels, pousadas or house/apartment rentals) under a US$ 65.00 fee. Homestay service is also available (contact us for information).
Claims must be made by registered letter on the week following the end of classes, to The Language Club Director, Avenida Afonso Delambert Neto, 817, Lagoa da Conceição, Florianópolis/SC, Brazil, CEP 88062-000. Legal claims will be treated by the Fórum da Capital do Estado de Santa Catarina.
Payment should be done in advance in two possible ways:
- Bank transfer
- Credit Card – by informing us the credit card number, credit card holder and expiration date
- Remember to complete the registration form in full. The total amount includes the course value, the material costs (if any), and, if hired, lodging and airport transfer. Bank charges are to be met by the sender (Details of Charge: OUR).
- The present term is composed by (1) the Registration Form, and (2) the prices available on The Language Club website.
- The Language Club may provide transfer from the airport in Florianópolis to Lagoa da Conceição if it is asked in advance. It is one way, costs USD 75.00 per student and shall be added to the total amount of the course. Should the Meet and Greet service be preferred, the price will be USD110,00
- If the student is interested that The Language Club reserves accommodation, he/she must indicate the type and the pousada/hotel/flat of his/her preference. The reservation will be considered valid after the payment of 50% of the total amount of the accommodation, plus USD 65.00 (administration fee). For hiring Homestay services, another term of contract should be signed.
- e) For more information on accommodation, please contact The Language Club through the e-mail email@example.com