Intensive Portuguese Language Program
Over the course students take part in a 90 hour General Portuguese group and have 45 hours of one-to-one tuition. Moreover they will be able to complete their 140-hour program choosing one of our optional courses (see below).
- The program is 9 weeks long
- Orientation session included on the first day of classes
- 90 hours of General portuguese (group classes)in Elementary or intermediate levels, covering w,r,l and s as well as grammar.
- 40 hours of one-to-one classes
- 10 hours of optional courses/activities according to availability, such as Brazilian literature; Brazilian culture through music and Brazilian cuisine workshops.
- Program Dates: Jun 15, 2020 - Aug 14, 2020
- Application Deadline: May 8th, 2020
- School: The Language Club
- Eligible for a Student Visa
- Students are invited to take the school leveling test, available at The Language Club website. Afterwards the student is contacted via email to schedule an oral interview.
Brazilian Literature (Summer-2020)
This course introduces students to writers from different historical moments of the so called Brazilian Literature, from the first contact between Europeans and natives up to contemporary best-sellers.
Readings: selected pieces by Pero Vaz Caminha, Machado de Assis, Lima Barreto, Mário de Andrade, Graciliano Ramos, Jorge Amado, Guimarães Rosa, Clarice Lispector, Paulo Coelho and authors of children’s books.
Camila Pasquetti is an English and Portuguese language and literature professor. She holds a PhD in English: Linguistic and Literary Studies from Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC), Brazil.
What The Language Club can offer?
- We can tailor a course program according to your scholarship demands.
- We receive students from all around the world
- We can offer accommodation packages along with your scholarship
- We can also offer transportation to make your trip easier
- We offer free cultural and sports activities during the course, such as hiking.